Thursday, July 8, 2010

Life has been a whirlwind. My family has all been in town for the past week for somewhat of a 4th-of-July reunion.
Let me explain.
No, there is too much. Let me sum up.


Wine and caramel(yeah, that caramel) • Cheese market • Picnic and Trivial Pursuit in the park



Starbucks
Outdoor breakfast • Sushi • Game night • Obsessing over Miike Snow's music
Starbucks
Country • Beanbags, frisbee, slip'n'slide • BBQ pork • Brutal 3-mile run on country roads
Cute babies
Late-night Burger King • Baby cries all the way home
Church • Pancake brunch
NAP
More beanbags • More BBQ • A parade in a 3-foot pool • 6 darling babies on a blanket in the backyard







Game night
SLEEP
Breakfast with the whole family • Home • 2nd breakfast with the other side of the family
Dealing with vandalism from the 4th of July drunken festivities near our house (whole other story)
Pizza, wine and gelato with sisters
SLEEP
Starbucks
House full of friends, sisters, kids, thai food, and pillows
Tears • Goodbyes

And approximately 7 days and 5 pounds later...
Back at work • HOT • Broken A/C • Ludovico Einaudi for therapy
But you just can't beat time with family. It's worth every minute.


This picture makes my heart hurt a little.

4 comments:

abby said...

awww....thanks for posting this. it was a lovely week! reading this makes me homesick.

Abby said...

and I'm sorry about your broken A/C and it being so hot there now. boooo!

Indiana Jones said...

WOW. Sounds like you had a lovely (if hectic) 4th!

ilikestuff said...

Oh my goodness, you have so many darling babies in your family! Its funny how the older you get, the less abhorrent a weekend with your parents seems. I remember a day not too long ago when I would have gladly chewed off my own arm to escape spending 5 minutes in the same room with my parents. Ah, how times change.