Tuesday, November 24, 2009

we are band aids


I watched Almost Famous again recently, and concluded that it had been entirely too long since I'd seen it last. I should make it part of some kind of regular rotation (not that I have a regular rotation of movies...ehm...The Holiday...don't judge me).

Anyway, the movie is friggin' great. (obviously) (which I'm sure you already know)
From the fantastic music(love me some old school rock) to that cast! Talk about stacked. Of course, maybe at the time we didn't realize how stacked it would prove to be. I mean...
Philip Seymour Hoffman. Anna Paquin. Jason Lee (Earl). Frances McDormand. ZOOEY.
Just to name a few.
Heck, even Rainn Wilson was in there.

Oh yeah, and Kate.
So iconic, so untouchably cool, so cute in all her crop top glory...I think we all just fall in love.

(gotta have that shirt)


Watch it. Or watch it again.

16 comments:

ALWAYS CHASING said...

best.ever :)

Anonymous said...

I definitely need to watch it again. Kate is such a style icon in this film. She stole the show. I can still continue to take inspiration from the outfits.

liana said...

i love what she uses as her bag...so inventive.
one of my all time fave movies.
:)

Catherine said...

that movie rules. definitely Kate's best in my opinion. one of my favorite quotes is from that movie: "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Brilliance.

Posh said...

Kate is an amazing actress, she looks gorgeous!

Thank you so much for stopping by!
posh-dailystyle.blogspot.com

ღ♥ CONFASHIONS FROM AMSTERDAM said...

I love Kate so much!!!! This move rocks, and Raising Helen is what i'll see 2nite =)

Mo said...

That movie is a classic! I can't wait to see NINE!

xoxo Mo

Jules said...

nice movie !!!

Dirty Hair Halo said...

I can completely relate. Penny Lane is one of my top inspirations. I love here and I kinda wanna be her, I just generally don't admit that.

www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com

Morgan said...

Oooo..such a good movie! I need to watch it again asap!

KP said...

agreed-love it and she has never been as good again xo

Jenn said...

i dont think i have seen that one yet!! i guess i need to get to it! :)

TheBeautyFile said...

Obsessed with that movie! I could watch it over and over and over!

Keith said...

I love this movie so much. Kate is fantastic in it. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's on my list of all-time fav movies. Love Kate in it!

I apologize for being MIA on your blog.. will be catching up on your posts!

xo, Becs

The Lion & The Unicorn said...

classic film ,
i think every girl wants to be penny after watching this.

x
x