Monday, April 12, 2010

I was tagged by Allie to list 10 good things.
In case you didn't know it, I just love Allie.
Here's 10 other good things:

1. Lemons.
I recently cut a lemon in half and took a good look at it before squeezing the life out of it. It was actually really beautiful, and I'd never taken the time to notice/appreciate it before. Lemons are bright, fresh, cheery, delicious. And the smell of lemons, I mean come on. It doesn't get better. This is starting to sound weird.

2. Naps in the middle of the afternoon with the sun streaming through your window.

3. Drinking coke (or diet coke) from a glass bottle. I don't know why it's so much better that way, but it is.

4. Lilac nail polish, which I talked about wanting a whole year ago and seriously didn't buy until a few weeks ago, and then didn't even use until now, and I'm really loving it. Everytime I look at my nails I get happy, the color is so innocent and cheerful.

Essie's St. Lucia Lilac

It was important that I cover up my Sunday-lounging-on-the-couch face, but unfortunately I couldn't hide the Sunday hair.

5. Reading in a park on a beautiful day.

Maybe it's a Kindle.
No, no it's not.

image source

6. Eating just plain angel food cake by the handful ...um, pool.

7. Having a great, natural, vacation-by-the-beach tan/glow. Nothing beats that.
Sigh. Wish I still had mine.

8. Live music. Especially blues or jazz.

9. Aquascutum's spring 2010 collection. Just re-looked, just re-loved.
Samples:










































10. Annnd....(get ready for some mad combination skills) this happy little award I was thrilled to receive from Enchanted Gardens:
It's a great blog she's got going on over there, you should check it out, and I'm not just saying that.
Thank you so much!


3 comments:

Indiana Jones said...

haha those are all wonderful things!
I highly suggest you try Petit Lemon Cakes (they're about as light as angel food cake). I'll put the recipe for them on my blog when I update tomorrow!

also (fun fact) the smell of lemons and any citrus scent have been proven to make people happier when they smell them.

ilikestuff said...

Good things all around, I'd say. It's always nice to focus on the positive ;)

brooke said...

haha angel food cake. good on you. the nail polish looks great, will definitely get some lilac come next spring (down here, ages away!) - beautiful spring colour. I love lemons toooo! :) xx