Saturday, January 10, 2009

spring ahead

The other day I took a "shopping lunch" to pop over to Old Navy and peruse their 75% off racks for a long slim drapey tank. (Note: This task is near impossible seeing as how Old Navy clothes all seem to be extremely short and wide. I find it hard to believe that shape would be flattering on anyone.) So while I was there I was slightly shocked and amused to see swimsuits, flip-flops, and other such summer items on display. It seems a little unfair to tease us with the thought of summer when we have to go back outside to the below-freezing temperatures. But sooner or later, the warm weather will come, and so I'm going to join in the fun and show you some of my favorite Spring-09 runway looks to get excited about.



Above: 3.1 Philip Lim, Alexander Wang



Above: Alexander Wang, Balmain



Above: Carlos Miele



Above: Carlos Miele, Luella

Below: A couple more looks from Carlos Miele that are a little less practical for those of us who don't have red carpet events to attend, but great to look at nonetheless.























Oh, and if you were wondering, I did find that 3 dollar tank while I was at Old Navy. Not as long and drapey as I would have liked, but still fairly acceptable. And 3 bucks. Come on.

Photos from Style.com

3 comments:

brooke said...

that last red ress is one of the prettiest things I've seen recently... seriously, it looks like a rose exploding out of the bottom of the dress. ah! thanks for letting us know about this collection, I hadn't even seen it! how exciting :)

Brooke <3

zoë said...

love your purple circle scarf ♥

Anonymous said...

love balmain


great post
www.balmainbazaar.blogspot.com